A chemical peel facial is a cosmetic procedure that involves the application of a chemical solution to the skin to exfoliate and improve its texture, tone, and overall appearance. Chemical peels are used to address a variety of skin concerns, from acne and hyperpigmentation to fine lines and uneven skin tone. A chemical peel facial that combines lactic acid and salicylic acid is a popular option for addressing various skin concerns.
- Lactic acid is an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) derived from milk.
- It is known for its mild exfoliating properties and ability to improve skin texture and hydration.
- Lactic acid helps to remove dead skin cells from the surface, making the skin appear smoother and more radiant.
- It can also stimulate collagen production, helping to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Lactic acid is suitable for individuals with sensitive or dry skin, as it tends to be less harsh than some other acids.
- Salicylic acid is a beta hydroxy acid (BHA) derived from willow bark or synthesised.
- It is oil-soluble, making it effective for treating acne and clogged pores.
- Salicylic acid penetrates deep into the pores, helping to dissolve excess oil and unclog them, which can reduce the occurrence of acne.
- It also has anti-inflammatory properties that can help calm irritated skin.
Benefits of Combining Lactic and Salicylic Acids
- Combining lactic and salicylic acids in a chemical peel offers a well-rounded approach to skincare.
- Lactic acid exfoliates and hydrates the skin’s surface, leaving it smoother and more radiant.
- Salicylic acid penetrates deep into the pores, helping to clear out clogs and reduce acne.
- Together, these acids can improve overall skin texture, reduce acne breakouts, and address uneven skin tone.
- Addresses pigmentation
- Addresses pigmentation
Deep Sea Peel
- Addresses wrinkles and pigmentation. Smoothes skin texture. This treatment is no more frequent than annually.
- The procedure begins with the application of the chemical peel solution.
- The solution is typically left on the skin for a specific amount of time, depending on the peel’s depth and the individual’s skin type and concerns.
- After the desired time, the solution is neutralised or removed.
- Post-peel care instructions are provided, which may include the use of gentle skincare products and sun protection.
- Procedure Time: Varies depending on treatment
- Downtime Required: Nil to 5 days depending on treatment
- Results Duration: Can be repeated every 4 weeks
- Cost of Treatment: from $110 (Deep Sea Peel is $600)
Pair this treatment with: Anti-wrinkle treatments.
As with any chemical peel, it’s crucial to have a consultation with a qualified skincare professional who can assess your skin and recommend the appropriate type of peel based on your specific skin type, concerns, and goals. These types of chemical peels can be a valuable addition to a skincare regimen to improve skin health and appearance.
Like to know more about your treatment options? Contact Sanctuary Cosmetic Clinics Australia on 02 9054 0887.
Skin TreatmentsSee All
The 4D RF uses a multipolar Radio Frequency and Pulse Electro Magnetics to produce heat under the skin to shrink the fat.30 minutes
Explore the benefits of our AC Dual Treatment, utilizing Intense Pulsed Light to address acne concerns effectively, ensuring clearer and healthier-looking skin with reduced active acne.20 minutes
The acnelan treatment is an intensive treatment for acne-prone skin to clear blocked pores, remove impuriites and improve skin texture.60 minutes
Antiwrinkle is an injection used to help reduce and prevent wrinkle formation.15 minutes
A semi-permanent foundation that is microneedled into the skin.45 minutes
A high quality hyaluronic acid that provides a tightening action on the skin without volumising.45 minutes